We are still looking for one more production assistant to join the shop team here in Eastie! Check out the job description and apply!
Full-Time Ski Builder - Parlor Custom Skis
40 hr per week, regular business hours 8 to 4:30
Pay 12-15$ per hour
- Work in Shop or manufacturing facility minimum of 5 years.
- Carpentry/woodshop experience
- Fiberglass/laminate experience
- Basic computer skills (excel, printer capability, hubspot)
- Ski design and industry experience a big plus
Part preparation, ski press size change/adjustment and lay-up of skis
- Ability to read production ticket and set up press accordingly
- Pre press cleaning
- Cassette cleaning
- Press changes and set up
- Dry fitting of pieces
- Core alignment, tail block fit, tip fill fit, graphic fit
- Base alignment on cassette
- Cutting appropriate laminates (specified on tickets)
- Mixing epoxy
- Lay up
- In press monitoring
- Temperature checks, pressure checks
- Pancake split (using bandsaw)
Ski Shaping and Finishing
- Remove excess material from outside edge of ski
- Bevel the sidewall using a router and sander
- Hand sand and round top sheet
- Varnish and stamp sidewalls with initials
- Ski Prep and Tuning
- Package skis for shipment, use shipping system, place in goodies.
If interested, contact Mark at Career@parlorskis.com or 617-908-7308.